Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Obama's Plan

I heard the Obama speech today on the radio and then the news. He was speaking about the war in Afghanistan. He outlined his plan of action for the next few years. He plans, in 2010, to add 33,000 more troops to the war effort. He intends to train the Afghan military so that we can withdraw from the area in eighteen months. He also wants to strengthen relations with Pakistan and invade the tribal areas. He has defined victory in Afghanistan as leaving no safe haven for the Taliban.

His plan is the best one that can be made by a politician who expects to be reelected. I am very happy that he has set a withdrawal date, so the war cannot go on indefinitely. It may or may not work, but it certainly will not work without the support of the Pakistani government. If they continue to refuse assistance from America, I fear that we will have to go in anyway, and that could lead to another war.

No comments:

Post a Comment